Accredited Paediatric First Aid (2 Day) – Qualsafe Level 3
Would you know what to do if a child in your care needed first aid?
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework requires all early years providers in England to have at least one person who has a current and full paediatric first aid certificate on the premises and available at all times when children are present. Providers should also take into account the number of children, staff and layout of the premises and increase their paediatric first aid provision accordingly to ensure that a paediatric first aider is available to respond to emergencies quickly.
Two Day Course: September 21st & 28th
What is included in the course?
- The roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Assessing an emergency situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive infant or child
- Recovery Position
- CPR and defibrillation
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Anaphylaxis and allergic reactions
- Febrile Convulsions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Burns and scalds
- Electric Shock
- External Bleeding
- Hypovolaemic Shock
- Eye, ear and nose conditions
- Bites and stings
- Minor Injuries
- Treatment for hot and cold body temperatures