Moving and Assisting with Hoist Refresher
This half day refresher course is for staff that have previously done moving and assisting with hoist training and requires their yearly updated certificate. The theory behind moving and assisting with a hoist is covered during the first part of the session, followed by a hands-on practical with our hoist.
The course includes:
- Theory of Moving and Assisting
- Spinal mechanics and function
- Importance of back care and posture, risk factors for back pain
- Practical Session for people movers including hoist trainers and chair transfers
- Equipment use including slide sheet and handling belt.