2 Day Supervising Mental Health for First Aid – Level 3
Each year approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition and at least 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace. Research has shown that work is the biggest cause of stress which can stop people performing at their best.
This 2 day course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. This course is aimed at those within a supervisor/manager level within the workplace, as the designated First Aider for Mental Health.
Learners will know how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. They will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace. This course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals.
What is Covered by the course:
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health? • Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Identifying mental health conditions • Self-harm
• Providing advice and starting a conversation • Suicide
• Stress • Eating disorders
• Mental health conditions • Personality disorders
• Drugs and alcohol • Bipolar disorder
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan • Psychosis
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace • Schizophrenia
• Depression • Anxiety
Delegates must be over 18.
Photo identification including drivers licence or passport.
A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that you attend an annual refresher training. You will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.