This 2 day supervising mental health for first aid course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. This course is aimed at those within a supervisor/manager level within the workplace, as the designated First Aider for Mental Health. Attendees will learn to identify if an employee may be experiencing mental health issues, feel confident above holding open conversations with their team and how to sign post and implement a positive mental health culture.
A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. This qualification is valid
for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need
to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
This 2-Day course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals.
It covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications but is aimed at Trainer/Assessors and/or supervisor level within the workplace.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health?
• Post-traumatic stress disorder • Identifying mental health conditions
• Self-harm • Providing advice and starting a conversation
• Suicide • Stress
• Eating disorders • Mental health conditions
• Personality disorders • Drugs and alcohol • Bipolar disorder
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan • Psychosis
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace • Schizophrenia
• Depression • Anxiety