This ILM Level Diploma for Leaders and Managers is one of the most comprehensive courses at this level. Engineered to develop individuals who manage teams and projects to manage and lead high performing teams.
Level 5 Diploma
One-to-one monthly meetups with your allocated expert assessor who’ll support and guide you throughout your journey.
Limited face-to-face meetups, but regular contact over email and on the phone.
Benefits for Individuals
Why SEK Training?
We use content professional created by ILM as well as sharing content our expert assessors have created or sourced online for you.
Learn Anytime, Anywhere
Our online learning platform gives you the flexibility to study when and where you want. Enjoy the benefits of structured and fully supported learning without the hassle and expense of travelling to training centres.
We’re working with ILM and Credly to issue digital credentials to leaders who have completed our ILM qualifications and units, allowing you to share your successes and achievements online.
Display and share your digital badges across social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, embed onto your own website or blog and share with friends and colleagues via email.
Each digital badge you’ve earned shows the skills or qualifications you’ve been accredited for and is fully verified by ILM.
Hand-Picked Industry Experts
Be inspired by our experts who bring real-world experience as well as the very latest thinking and business examples. Your dedicated, proactive tutor will stay with you throughout the programme and is contactable when you need them.
Syllabus for ILM Level 5 Diploma for Leaders and Managers
The ILM Level 5 Diploma for Leaders and Managers is one of the most comprehensive qualifications at this level. It covers a range of theories, critical skills and practical approaches to help you become a performance-orientated manager and future-focused leader. This Diploma consists of 10 units taught face-to-face or online over 12 to 24 months, with units varying in the time to complete.
Unit 1 - Leading People (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand different leadership styles
- Understand the role coaching plays in the workplace
- Understand the importance of organisational culture
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Be able to communicate organisational strategy and team purpose
- Be able to use coaching to support the development of others
- Be able to manage change effectively
Unit 2 - Managing People (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand people and team management models
- Understand Human Resource procedures and legal requirements
- Understand performance management methods for individuals
- Be able to build an effective team
- Be able to set, monitor and provide feedback on operational objectives for a team
- Be able to set, monitor and provide feedback on personal goals for team members
Unit 3 - Building Relationships (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand approaches to customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Understand cross team working
- Understand the importance of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the importance of conflict management in the workplace
- Be able to build trust across a team
- Be able to negotiate and influence
- Be able to manage conflict
- Be able to provide feedback to cross team discussions
- Be able to build and manage customer relationships
Unit 4 - Communication (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand different forms of communication and their application
- Know how to chair a meeting
- Understand how to manage challenging conversations
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to chair a meeting and present information
- Be able to actively listen
Unit 5 - Operational Management (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand how organisational strategy is developed
- Know how to effectively implement operational/team plans given resources available
- Know how to manage change within a team
- Understand how data is managed in the workplace
- Be able to deliver against an operational plan
- Be able to adapt to change
- Be able to work with data and create reports
Unit 6 - Project Management (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand the project lifecycle and roles within a project
- Know how to deliver a project
- Know how to manage project risks and issues
- Be able to plan a project
- Be able to deliver against a project plan
- Be able to use relevant project management tools
Unit 7 - Finance (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand finance related governance and compliance
- Know how to deliver value for money
- Know how to set and monitor budgets
- Be able to apply organisational governance and compliance requirements to ensure effective budget controls
- Be able to create accurate financial updates
Unit 8 - Self-Awareness (Knowledge and Skill)
- Know how to be self-aware
- Understand inclusivity and unconscious bias
- Understand different learning styles
- Understand feedback mechanisms
- Be able to seek feedback, reflect on own performance and make improvements based on feedback
Unit 9 - Management of Self (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand approaches to personal development planning for the workplace
- Be able to create an effective personal development plan
- Be able to maintain a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) log
- Understand time management tools and techniques
- Be able to use time management techniques to manage own workload
Unit 1o - Problem Solving and Decision Making (Knowledge and Skill)
- Understand problem solving and decision making techniques
- Be able to use problem solving techniques to inform decision making
- Be able to escalate issues when required
What is ILM?
The Institute for Leadership and Management is one of the leading awarding bodies in the UK for leadership and management. With over 70k learners every year, ILM has developed leaders and managers skills and provided techniques to improve their performance and the performance of their organisations.
ILM offers a range of globally recognised qualifications in leadership and management, engineered from research and designed to provide practical application of theory to deliver real career progression to its learners.
Upcoming Management Open Courses
Do you have a question?
There are three ways you can get in touch - it's part of our commitment to provide exceptional customer service. You can complete this form, message us via our live chat, or give us a call on 01227 469970. Either way, we'll respond to you as quick as possible.